Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just checking in . . .

Thought I'd let everyone know we are alive and well. The girls are fabulous, as usual, and we are all just trying to avoid the flu! Katy and Emma received their seasonal shot and are awaiting the H1N1. I was supposed to get mine through the school district but they will not be able to acquire any serum this year. Poor planning I guess, but now it is nearly impossible to get a shot. My doctor is out now, also. Fingers crossed that Eric and I stay healthy.

I am trying so hard to spend my time studying for the GRE instead of playing on the computer. Instead of playing on the computer, I look around the house for small cleaning projects to start. I have actually considered wiping down the floor boards and dusting all the areas that the shorter people in my life can see! Yikes! If I am not thinking about cleaning, I am watching reruns of "The Office." It is a really silly show, but I love it. Plus, it sure beats the "Sex and the City" reruns I was watching this summer. With our limited TV offerings, I find myself drawn to never-before-considered programming. I have now seen "Punk'd"and "Cheaters." Yep, life is good in the no antennae, too-cheap-to-pay-for-cable Hilburn house!

Anyhoo, I am scheduled to take the test on Friday, November 6th at 8:30 a.m. I have some serious cramming to get done in the next few weeks. Wish me luck and pray I can remember how to factor quadratic equations, solve linear inequalities and figure out what in heavens name a polynomial operation might be!

No comments: