Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Giving it another try . . .

Well, here I go again.  I know I have been posting on facebook, but I am not completely comfortable with sending photos and information out to all of my "friends!"  Plus, I like to brag a bit about the girls, and I can really only get away with that on a regular basis when I am talking with family.  Oh, and there is the teenager-in-the-house aspect of it all.  She will happily post 50 pictures on Instagram but freak out if I put too much facebook.  Emma, well she is just hoping I will let her sign up for all the social media sites her friends are using, even though they all likely had to lie about their age in order to make an account.  (You must be 13 or older to join most sites)  
Anyway, I thought I would make another attempt at blogging, so let me know if this is how you like to get family updates or if you would rather I send personal messages on facebook.  
Of course, I could text everyone . . . just kidding!


Emma had a dance recital on the 10th.  She has been taking a jazz class at Boise Dance Alliance this year and has really enjoyed it.  Her performance was awesome.  They danced to a Lady Gaga song called "Fame."  You will have to ask her about wearing footUndeez.  Funniest dance "shoes" you will ever see!  

I was able to make it to this years Awards Ceremony at North Junior High!  I  took the entire day off and had been planning to do so since I left early last year and missed THE big award. It was only a 45 minute event, but worth every minute to see her take home the Outstanding Citizen award, again!!


On her way into the Freshman Farewell.  I was there because I was one of the moms who had a hand in planning the event.  There was dinner and dancing, just for the freshman!  It was so fun to be able to peek in on all the festivities.  (Emma will not appreciate it as much when I help plan her farewell in three short years!)       

Katy eating dinner with her friends before the dance--the boy sitting next to her is the infamous Peter!   He is such a nice young man.  Katy just likes him as a friend, which is good because she has a year before the dating scene becomes a reality for her.  He and Katy have a little academic competition going on.  I have become friends with his mom and she told me about the time he came home with some startling news--someone had a higher score than he did in science.  It was Katy!  She maintained that higher score for their entire 8th and 9th grade years.  Way to go, girl!!
Okay--I started this one a few weeks ago . . . with any luck, I will have another one up by this weekend!

No comments: