Saturday, January 9, 2010

Frozen Friday night fun . . .




Last night, I went with Grammy and the girls to the Idaho Botanical Garden to take in the beauty of an event they call Winter Garden aGlow. Way back in November, I promised Katy & Emma we would go on the condition we would wait for a "warmer" evening. Guess I forgot about Boise in the winter. It never did get "warmer." Must have been just a bit below freezing while we were out there wandering around. Luckily, there were barrels placed throughout the garden filled with fire to keep us warm.

We really enjoyed the evening. It was so fun to see the garden lit up. Kind of magical, I suppose. The view of the city is pretty nice, also. My only suggestion to the volunteer who asked us what we thought of the display was that I was sure I would enjoy it just as much in the summer. I mean, why not. A novel idea, don't you think. Of course, they might have to avoid calling it Summer Garden aGlow. If something is "aglow" in Idaho in the summer, it is probably a wildfire. I doubt that would draw a crowd.

So, if you are ever in Boise between Thanksgiving and about a week after New Years, think about taking a stroll through the garden. Just don't count on strolling on a warm night.

No comments: