Just a few photos of Katy in her new breeches. She got them for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Aloha. It is her first pair of real riding pants. She also has on a cute shirt, but because of our colder-than-average temps this spring, it is covered by her jacket.
Another new thing this year--Katy will be working off some of her lessons. That means she will be working 3 hours a month around the barn to be able to be taught for half the cost. It is a privilege to be picked. You have to be a great student/rider. Katy listens well and is able to do nearly anything she is asked to do on the horse. I am amazed at how far she has come in 3 years. I would describe it for you, but I do not know any of the riding terms. If you call Katy, I am sure she could tell you what she is doing. I can tell you that she has been riding the horse over posts that are arranged on the floor of the arena. It is not jumping, just kind of walking over them. I am so not ready for the jumping. I hope we are a few years from that--I don't think my heart can take that! Anyway, Katy cleans out the stables and grooms the horses with another student for an hour and a half a week. She does that the first 2 Tuesdays of the month and then rides the last 2 of the month. A lot more time around the horses this way and she loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment