Katy & Emma are taking a three-week rock climbing class at BSU. Week 2 ended today. Eric took these photos yesterday when they were able to go up with the harness. The wall is about 2 stories high. Katy nearly made it to the top. Emma had a good start and then got a little nervous after a bit and was helped down. She is looking forward to giving it another try next week. Both are enjoying the class.
Emma is also taking swimming lessons through the same BSU summer program. She likes the class but is not really getting as much instruction out of it as I would like. It is hard when there are 5 kids and one instructor. I asked around during her lesson and found out some of the teachers offer private sessions. The price is so reasonable that if I had known this a few years back, I would have gone that route with Emma. I am going to get her started after the current session ends next Friday. So excited about that!
I forgot to mention that Katy is involved in a short summer version of elementary school band. She meets at Boise High every weekday morning for 30 minutes. It offers her a little extra time on the flute. Classes are offered at all 4 high schools in the district. On the last day, all of the band, orchestra and choir students will meet for a concert. I think that Katy said she is playing 3 songs with her class. The nice thing about meeting at Boise High is that is the school she will attend for 10th-12th grade. If offers her a chance to take a look around the campus and get to know a few students from outside of Adams. Few is the operative word, as only 6 students are taking the course with her. Still, she likes the group and teacher and is looking forward to performing next Friday. By the way, the concert will be held at Grammy's alma mater, Borah High. Always fun to go there and have Mom tell us about the time she spent in those halls! If only those walls could talk . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment