this is a post for the family. To the few friends that read this, you'll just have to suffer through it!
Katy and Emma received their report cards this week. Can you guess what they earned? I'll be straight with you: there were no surprises. The rest of the letters are jealous, really, as they never make an appearance on the reports at all.
Here are a few of the comments written about Katy and Emma. (I had scanned their actual report card to post, but the print was too fine to read)
"Congratulations on your great work this semester, Katy. I appreciate all your efforts. You have been awesome to teach and you are a super student!"
"Emma is a dependable student and willing helper. She continues to do fine academic work. She is motivated to do well and applies herself diligently."
"You are a delight to have in class, Katy . . . great effort all semester long - way to go!"
"She has earned a 95% in math for the semester. Initially she was frustrated with long division, but with practice, she picked up the process. Her computerized Star math score increased from GE(grade equivalent) 4.8 to 5.6, and Star reading increased from GE 5.5 to 6.3." (This means Emma is doing math at a high 4th grade through mid 5th grade level and reading at a mid 5th grade level to early 6th grade level.)
"Outstanding student. Work is commendable. Wonderful student who gave 100% everyday! I really enjoyed having her in class." (This from her PE teacher!!!!)
Eric and I are so proud of the girls! They work very hard to maintain their grades. Katy will be taking a few classes this summer to supplement her 8th grade experience. They are only given one elective for that year, but by taking PE and health in the summer, she will be able to take band again while adding Spanish to her schedule. Also, since she is in accelerated reading this year, she will not have to take it next year, opening up another spot for an elective. She is looking into another science class or maybe even theater/drama. Getting great grades really allows for more opportunities! I am looking forward to seeing what Emma will want to do, given all the options at the junior high level.
Well, the girls are now half-way through the academic year. It is hard to believe, really, because in two short years, Katy will be at Boise High and Emma will be starting at North! Time really does fly when you are having fun . . .
1 comment:
Rhonda, I love reading your blog! Please tell your girls congratulations on all their amazin' A's!
Post a Comment