Thursday, January 14, 2010

Call me crazy . . .

Benji checking out Pepper
Going for a stroll
Inspecting the new doll camper
Looking for food?

Presenting the newest addition to the brick house. . . Pepper! He is about 7 weeks old and far less hairy than his big buddy Benjamin. One of his ears are pink and his nose is half-black, half-pink. He is almost kind of cute.

What brought on this not-so-temporary bought of craziness? What would cause a woman, who before marriage had a keen aversion to nearly all animals, decide that an 8th pet was necessary? I could blame it on lack of sleep, poor diet, the economy or better yet, the government. Or, I could just admit that I have a little love for the smelliest, slimiest or hairiest animal members of our household. They all seem to make Eric, Katy and Emma so happy. Since the "happy" outnumbered me, I decided it was best to just join in . . .

On a more practical note, we thought maybe Benjamin(Benji) was lonely and needed a friend. He has always been so skittish, hiding in his house whenever we entered the room. We also thought he was getting bored just sitting in his cage with nothing better to do than eat. So there you have it. Just please stop me before I give in to the never ending pleas to buy a horse. In fact, you had all better stage an intervention if we get to talking about making that a reality!

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

Under that theory, I should be bringing a dog into our household...everyone wants one but me. You're a better woman than I am! :)