Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In the good old summertime . . .

Sure signs of summer our neck of the woods . . .

The # 2.  Eric finally found a place to get his hair cut.  His old barber retired last year.  Eric had been going to the same place for over 11 years!  All he had to do was walk in a say "Number 2, block it in the back" and he'd walk out looking good.  He has suffered at the hands of a crazy woman at my salon for awhile.  Not a pretty sight.  She would kind of give him a comb over, every time.  It was the night before a big meeting at Applebees and he was in desperate need of a trim.  It had been at least 3 months since his last appointment.  I sent him off to a Hairmasters at 7 p.m. last Wednesday.  He was in and out in less than 15 minutes.  Thank goodness the woman knew what Eric was talking about!  Doesn't he look nice.

Such a well-rounded guy.  I really like the salt & pepper look, although I'll admit it seems to be more salt than pepper!

Pool party/barbecue.  Myra's mom, Elizabeth, picked Emma up at 4 p.m. last Saturday. We stopped by at 8 to bring her home and they were still going strong.  Katy joined in the fun--the kids had snow cones and then played with the largest water balloons I have ever seen.
Everyone named their balloons.  I am not kidding.  One was named Fat Louie.  Carson, the little guy, named his Mark.   They also drew faces on them and carted then around like dolls.  It was good to see the kids behaving like kids--running around with wild abandon . . .
The Big Blue Ice Cream Truck.  Emma keeping an eye on our favorite ice cream truck while Scary Larry took a quick break . . .
Here he is, back in the saddle.  Larry had hip replacement surgery in early April.  Also had some work on his heart.  He got a late start to the season this year.  Between the cold weather and his health, we thought we were not going to see Larry this year.  Thankfully, he's back at it again.  It won't be long before he brings us tomatoes, grapes and garlic from his garden.  Now if only I could get him to deliver milk and bread . . .

The girls and I are off to Vegas for nearly a week.  Eric will be working 13 days straight while we are gone.  I think he'll be watching all those sci-fi/adventure films I won't watch with him.  He'll also have to keep the pigs and rabbit company while Lucy takes a vacation at Grammy's.  Hope you all have a safe 4th of July.  I'll post something new next week.

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

I wondered what happened to Scary Larry. We were happy to see him this weekend.
Have fun in Vegas! Don't melt!